I really do love these posts. They’re so easy to write.
I have to say I’m incredibly happy with how this year has gone for the blog. The blog has gone from strength to strength and is far more successful than I ever hoped when I first created it.
I had double the number of views thank 2015. We ended on a high with December being the highest number of views in one month – EVER! I know views aren’t everything but it is nice to think maybe other people are reading. (My two longest fans – my Nanna and my best friend – are still here and have now been joined by a few other regulars!)
I attended my first ever blogging event, thanks to East Mids Bloggers, and has such a blast! I really hope I get to attend some more next year. Meeting fellow bloggers has been one of my favourite parts of blogging this year.
I’ve received my first product to review, been invited to review a restaurant and even had my first sponsored post!
I’ve been really pleased with a lot of the content I’ve produced this year and, just for the fun of it, here are my 5 most popular posts on the blog in 2016.
I didn’t make a note of my social media stats at the start of the year, but I’m sure I’ve at least doubled them. I’m getting better at engaging with other social media users so I’m hoping I’ll get to improve them even more this year.
In reverse order;
5. Theatre Review: The Pantaloons’ The Canterbury Tales – I was lucky enough to see a fair few performances by The Pantaloons last year, including this one. I love everything they do and I’m really looking forward to seeing them again this year. I’m even thinking of taking Miss Mess to see one of their shows.
4. Theatre Review: Chicago @ Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham – Thanks to my Friends of the Royal Centre membership, I have been fortunate to see a lot of shows in 2016. Chicago was definitely one of my favourites – it was far better than previous versions I’d seen, which was reflected in my glowing review!
3. Theatre Review: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – Another night, another show, this time a lovely family affair with Mr and Miss Mess. The show was incredible – uplifting and charming – even Mr Mess was won over
2. Foodie review: Afternoon Tea at The Flying Childers, Chatsworth House – Possibly the best afternoon tea I’ve ever tasted, this review was so easy to write and the photos were stunning. Definitely need to get back there again!
And drumroll please…
1. Theatre Review : The Full Monty – This one was a bit of a shocker as I was expecting a musical and got a play! That’ll teach me to read the description before buying tickets. Still, I wouldn’t have missed it for the world as it was a brilliant show. Left the theatre with a huge smile on my face!
This is the part where I normally pick my favourite post of the year. It’s really, really tricky to choose just one, but I think I’d have to pick:
8 Things I’ve Learned in 8 Year of Marriage – I had to pick this post, really. It’s the polar opposite of where I was when I started the blog and I was unbelievably happy to get to write it.
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me over the past year. It’s been a wonderful journey and I can’t wait to see where 2017 takes us.
Signing off for now…