We interrupt our scheduled content to bring you this announcement: the teaser trailer for the new live action version of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast has been released! And I’m so excited.
I sneakily watched it on my lunch break at work (thereby wasting yet more of my precious and limited data limit). I immediately wanted to chat about the trailer with everyone I met, but sadly most of my colleagues aren’t particularly bothered about Disney movies and Moogle seemed far less interested than I thought she’d be.
So I thought I’d whip up a quick blog post and share my initial thoughts with you:
- The Music – Oh my goodness, when those first haunting notes of that all too familiar melody started up, I swear I got goosebumps!
- When I was a kid, my favourite film by far was The Little Mermaid but as I get older I’m drawn to the classic romance of Beauty and the Beast.
- All those sweeping camera shots of the castle interior look incredible. I get the feeling this film is going to be pretty stunning, visually.
- When I first head the voiceovers for Cogsworth and Lumiere I thought they might have just used the original dialogue to save time. It was only on the second (and third) viewing that I could really tell they were the actors. (Who wouldn’t recognise Gandalf when they hear him?
- Although I don’t doubt Emma Watson will be great, I still don’t feel comfortable with her as Belle. I do wish Disney had chosen someone marginally less recognisable. I couldn’t help my reaction of “why is Hermione staring at the rose?”
- They really weren’t kidding when they called it a “teaser”. It falls at about 1min 20 and most of the is fade in/out so you barely see anything! I want more!!! Still, I suppose that’s the whole purpose of a teaser trailer – to heighten anticipation and it definitely worked on me. I’m more excited than ever to see the next trailer, and then in March 2017, the whole film.
It’s going to be a really long wait.
Thank you for listening to my Disney fuelled ramblings. Normal proceedings will resume shortly…