Well, hello there.
I recently took the huge (and marginally misguided) step to self-hosting my blog. I’m not exactly sure what my precise reasoning was for this, but it was something I umm’d and ahhh’d about for a while and finally decided to bite the button.
It occurred to me that some of the people who land on A Mess In A Dress may not have any idea who am I or what they can expect from my blog. So I thought it might be a nice idea to write a new, updated Welcome post to introduce myself all over again.
I didn’t want to bore you with a long, rambling post (which I started and then scrapped) so instead I decided to share 5 things you may already know about me (if you’ve been reading for a while) and 5 things you may not…
1) My name is Stacey and I am about to reach the ripe old age of 30 years. Unlike most people my age I have no sense of impending doom – in fact, I think I’ll quite suit being 30.
2) I am a single mum who works full time and blogs as a hobby. This blog was started when I first separated from my husband and I know live alone with my two beautiful children. If you have been paying attention you may know their real names, but from now on they shall always be known as Moogle (she’s 5) and Bug (who’s 1) as this is what they are always called at home.
3) I love performing and in my lifetime have been in choirs, barbershop ensembles, musical theatre groups, tap dancing shows and my latest love is Burlesque dancing.
4)I’m a complete child at heart and love nothing better than watching Disney movies and playing computer games.
5) I love baking, crafting and sewing although it’s arguable that I’m not particularly great at any of them.
6) I started university, studying Spanish and Italian, but never finished. I’m leave the gritty details for another post.
7) I have a ridiculously bad phobia of snakes. I can’t even look at pictures, videos or toy snakes without having a complete panic attack. I recognise it’s pathetic but if I haven’t cured myself of it in 30 years I don’t see much hope for the future.
8)I love romance novels and have been reading and collecting them since I was 14 years old.
9) I am a rubbish swimmer, having only passed my 10metre badge at school and I can’t whistle.
10) I can sing however, and play the piano to Grade 3 level (kind of – don’t test me on that).
So there you have it, some little snippets of (possibly) interesting information about moi! My blog is very much like this list – a bit random and you never know where it will take you next. However if you would like to read more then you can follow me in all of these places:
Twitter – https://twitter.com/AWholeNewMe2014
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/amessinadress85
Instagram – https://instagram.com/staceybunny85/
Tumblr – http://amessinadressblog.tumblr.com
Bloglovin – http://bloglovin.com/amessinadress
Or Subscribe by email using the widget in the side bar and never miss a post!
Thanks for stopping by – I hope to see you again soon. Please leave a comment below to say hi or let me know where I can follow you!